Exiled from their home nations, four strangers from separate corners of the earth agree to undertake a dangerous mission to transport unstable dynamite through the dense jungle of South America in order to earn their passage home.
When the slightest bump in the road could equal instant death, the real question is not whether these men will survive this nerve-shredding ordeal but who will they have become if they return at all?
After the success of The French Connection and The Exorcist, William Friedkin began work on his biggest project to date. Seizing the moment, he embarked on an ambitious and lengthy shoot in the dense jungles of the Dominican Republic and like Werner Herzog with Fitzcoraldo and Francis Ford Coppola on Apocalypse Now, Friedkin battled the elements, came face-to-face with nature and emerged victorious.
Now, 40 years since its release, Sorcerer is regarded by critics and ﬁlmmakers alike as a true lost cinematic masterpiece – a feat of ﬁlmmaking that encapsulates the revolutionary artistry of 1970s American cinema that is a triumph to behold
- Sorcerers – A Conversation with William Friedkin and Nicolas Winding Refn (74 mins)
- The Mystery of Fate – A letter from director William Friedkin
- Newly commissioned artwork to celebrate the 40th Anniversary
- Reversible sleeve containing the newly commissioned and original theatrical artwork
- Region B Blu-ray : Australian compatible