Presented from the brand new 4K restoration that premiered at 2019 Cannes Film Festival, A Blonde in Love is a subtle and beautifully observed social satire that deftly balances hope and despair, and is widely celebrated as one of the great films of the 1960s. This bittersweet romance from Miloš Forman, the multiple Oscar®-winning director of Black Peter, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and Amadeus, unfolds as a sweetly seductive film but also provides a wry critique of life under totalitarianism. Aided by Miroslav Ondříček’s sublime camerawork, and naturalistic performances, the film adeptly distils universal truths from the simplest of situations, presenting them with a sharp yet compassionate eye.
• A Blonde in Love presented from a brand new 4K restoration of the film from original materials by the Czech National Film Archive.
• Life As It Is: Miloš Forman on his Czech films – Part 2: the second part of an archival film-by-film interview with Forman, newly edited for this release with never-before-seen footage.
• An original Projection Booth commentary recorded especially for this release with Mike White, Samm Deighan and Kevin Heffernan
• 24-page booklet featuring an essay on the film by film historian Michael Brooke
• Region free Blu-ray (A/B/C)
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Easter egg
There are no reviews yet.