Second Run presents the stunning debut feature film of the late, great Czech filmmaker Miloš Forman (A Blonde in Love, The Fireman’s Ball, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Amadeus).
A wry and provocative comedy set in 1960s Czechoslovakia, Black Peter explores the passions and confusions of teenage life. Peter is tentatively taking his first steps into the adult world; he has a new job and a new focus for his burgeoning erotic fantasies – provoking conflict with the older generation. This key work of Forman’s emerging vital talent brought to the screen something that Czechoslovak filmgoers weren’t used to: an authentic testimony about the lives of young people.
With a cast of mainly non-professional actors, Black Peter conjures up a naturalistic and witty portrait of everyday life under totalitarianism. Full of charming performances, youthful spontaneity and a rock’n’roll soundtrack, Black Peter helped launch the internationally acclaimed Czechoslovak New Wave.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- Presented from a brand new 4K restoration of the film from original materials by the Czech National Film Archive.
- Life As It Is: Miloš Forman on his Czech films: part one of an archival film-by-film interview, newly edited for this release with never-before-seen footage.
- All-new audio commentary by film historian Michael Brooke.
- New filmed interview with actor Pavla Martínková.
- 20-page booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jonathan Owen.
- New and improved English subtitle translation.
- World Premiere on Blu-ray.
- Region Free Blu-ray : Australian compatible